Books Received (March 2018)

With Pesach quickly approaching, I have no time for proper book reviewing.

As such, I will simply list some of the titles I recently received, along with some brief comments. Cover photos at the bottom of the page.

1. 
Walking the Exodus
Margaret Malka Rawicz
Urim / 520 pp

A modern-orthodox woman's journey to re-trace the steps of the Exodus.  Loaded with pictures, personal stories, and sprinkled with divrei Torah. One of the most fascinating and captivating reads I have ever gotten my hands on. Highly Recommended. I hope I find the time to read every page.

2.
Equality Lost
Essays in Torah, Halacha, and Jewish Thought
Rabbi Yehuda Henkin
Urim / 190 pp

A reprint of the 1999 volume. I'm not sure why *this* volume was reprinted. I am a fan of Rabbi Henkin but this is not one of his more impressive works. Good resource for sources on Kol Isha, Women and Kaddish, and other similar "Women's Issues." 

3.
The Gates of Joy
The Laws and Customs of the Jewish Wedding
Rabbi Chaim Avraham Zakutinsky / 380 pp

From engagement through to second marriages (G-d forbid) -- this book has it all. It is absolutely outstanding. It is the new go-to book for anyone wanting to learn anything about Jewish weddings. A must have. avizakutinsky@gmail.com
  
Image result for the gates of joy, zakutinsky

Image result for equality lost, henkinImage result for walking the exodus

Popular posts from this blog

Food: A Halachic Analysis

Sexuality and Jewish Law

Aruch Hashulchan in English